[Coin-lpsolver] Best way to bring an instance into CLP?

Lasse Kliemann lasse-coin-2008 at plastictree.net
Mon Jan 21 09:39:44 EST 2008

* Message by -John J Forrest- from Fri 2008-01-18:

> If memory is an issue the most efficient way takes more effort but is
> doable if you have a reasonable (over)estimate of numbers of rows, columns
> and elements.  I have updated Clp/examples/addRows.cpp to create a model
> from scratch.  The example matrix is built by column.  You could build by
> row and then transpose before handing to model.
>
> Hope the example is clear enough.

Hi John, thanks for the effort. The example is clear enough so that I can
include it in my application. I will report on how much I could gain by
using this way of defining the problem for CLP.

BTW, if the matrix only has entries 0 or 1, can this even be improved?

Lasse