[Clp] CLP and COIN parameters/ was corrections to coinmp

Larry A. Taylor ltaylor at seas.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:42:02 EST 2008

At 05:51 PM 2/18/2008, Rod Frowd wrote:
>Parameters I changed were:
>
>COIN_INT_SCALING  set to 5 was 3
>COIN_INT_PERTURBATION    set to 50 was 100
>COIN_INT_PRIMALPIVOTALG  set to 4 was 1
>COIN_INT_DUALPIVOTALG    set to 3 was 1
>
>It went from 15000 iterations to around 5000 with these changed. The
>problem I am solving is not well conditioned numerically so these
>parameters seem to help.
>Rod

I have been looking at various places in the code, and I thought that the only
options to COIN_INT_SCALING  were 0,1,2,3 and 4.

For instance, in CoinMP.cpp, the options table has these lines:
>           "Scaling",                             "Scaling",
> GRP_SIMPLEX,        3,        3,      0,       4,  OPT_LIST,   0,
> COIN_INT_SCALING,
>       /* Sets or unsets scaling, 0 -off, 1 equilibrium, 2
> geometric, 3, auto, 4 dynamic(later) */

... and there is a similar comment in Clp_C_Interface.cpp.

So where is option 5 documented, and what does it do?

LAT