[Clp] problems with debian lenny detected

Lijian Chen lijian.chen at louisville.edu
Mon Aug 11 14:55:29 EDT 2008

Dear all

Just a quick head-up about the issue under debian lenny. I upgraded my
system to debian lenny yesterday which will be stable version next month
(hopefully). But, the GCC problem ruins everything when I tried to
install clp. Here are some problems

ClpSimplex.hpp:951: warning: conversion to *unsigned char* from
*int* may alter its value
ClpSimplex.hpp:952: warning: conversion to *unsigned char* from
*int* may alter its value

There are plenty of them and I think it is GCC 4.3 to blame. I also
re-install the clp under debian etch which is quite smooth and errors,
warnings free. A quick fix could be still live with the current stable
version "etch" until the gcc problem fixed.

Thanks!

Sincerely Yours

Lijian Chen

Assistant Professor