[Coin-lpsolver] getBInvRow() question

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 5 12:10:34 EDT 2007

Gleb,

You can see an example of using OsiClpSolverInterface and scaling (for
getBInvARow/Col) and just looking at nonzeroes of result at about line
1378 of Osi/test/OsiClpSolverInterfaceTest.cpp.

However you wish to use getBInvRow not getBInvARow and want to use it from
Clp itself.  I gather you have got it to work with scaling switched off?
Looking at code in ClpSimplex.cpp it looks as if that is older code than
in OsiClpSolverInterface and does not deal with scaling unlike ARow and
ACol.

If you want I can update code in ClpSimplex.cpp to handle scaling - do you
want me to?  May not be before Monday - send me a note if I don't post
anything by Tuesday.

John Forrest

Gleb Belov <gleb.belov at tu-dresden.de>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
09/05/2007 10:57 AM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] getBInvRow() question

Hi,

I am new to CLP. I want to use it without OSI to save compilation time.
My problem concerns getBInvRow(). It returns just rows of the identity
matrix.
I solved my model by calling ClpSimplex::primal(0,7).

I looked at OsiClpSolverInterface::enableSimplexInterface(bool). As I
understand, it disables scaling. Is it necessary for getBInvRow() to work?

Sincerely,
Gleb

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

G. Belov
Dr. Gleb Belov                                Gleb.Belov at tu-dresden.de
Wiss. Assistent                   http://www.math.tu-dresden.de/~belov
Technische Universitaet Dresden                 Tel: +49 351 463 34186
Institut fuer Numerische Mathematik             Fax: +49 351 463 34268
Mommsenstr. 13                            Tel. priv.:+49 351 3743754
01062 Dresden