[Coin-lpsolver] Question about Comiplieing and Header Files

Michael D Metzger mmetzger at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 31 03:06:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

i am having trouble building project and
compiling the code. I am getting errors that header files do not exist.

Can you please inform me where i can add all the files i need to compile the
code, i am using visual C++ express edition.

Here is a recent post i sent to some friends for help none were able to
SHORT Version

I have a .cpp file that calls a header file, i added the header file it calls to
the header list in my project. That header files calls three others, i added the
three others to the list of header files in the project, but when i compile the
code it says it can not find the three header files that the initial header
files calls. I tried to permute the order but that did not help. Why is this
happening and how can i fix this?

Also these three header files call a large other set of header files, is there a
way to just put a folder of header files into a project and run them.

LONGER version

I am trying to run the CLP Program, it is an open source simplex files

http://www.coin-or.org/Clp/userguide/clpuserguide.html

see example 2.1

I am trying to compile this code and run it for a given instance and not sure
why i am having so much trouble adding the header files, can i just add a set
of 50 to a  library or do i have to add them one by one

Note: i am using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I would like to help with the project and create  document to help students who
are not familier with header files to be able to use the code i was hoping you
cn show me how to do this or explain the error i am making then i can do this
and i think it would improve the reach of the application.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

PS. Specifically when i compile the code the file i get the following error
Cannot open include file: 'ClpModel.hpp': No such file or directory

where the ClpModel.hpp fi