[Coin-lpsolver] Variable definitions in coinlpio()

fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 11 12:08:16 EST 2006

Vishnu:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Vishnu Erramilli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for replying to my previous queries. I am able to run CBC using
> files formatted according to specs given in the coinlp() class. I needed
> some clarification regarding variable defintions in this format:
>
> 1) What is the difference between a general and integer? If they are the
> same then can they be used interchangeably in all circumstances or is one
> preferred to another?

General and integer are completely interchangeable, at least in
the CoinLpIO code.

> 2) I just wanted to confirm that we do not need to explcitly define linear
> variables?

Any variable name appearing in any of the constraints or objective function
corresponds to a continuous variable by default. If and only if it appears
in the Binary or Integer sections, then the corresponding variable is not
continuous.

Francois