[Coin-lpsolver] Packed Matrix to CbcModel

Kyle Ellrott kellrott at csbl.bmb.uga.edu
Tue May 23 15:00:22 EDT 2006

That lead to a weirder error message.

Both
cbc_model->assignSolver( (OsiSolverInterface*) si );
and
cbc_model->assignSolver( dynamic_cast<OsiSolverInterface*>(si) );

get

../../../open_prospect/src/intpro_threading/intpro_threading.cc:379:
error: no matching function for call to 'CbcModel::assignSolver
(OsiSolverInterface*)'
/Users/kye/CvsWork/COIN//include/CbcModel.hpp:1316: note: candidates
are: void CbcModel::assignSolver(OsiSolverInterface*&, bool)

I forget the details of using '&' in the function declaration.  I
know it causes the actual variable to be copied into the function,
but assignSolver is already getting a pointer, so why would that be
needed?  Could this be part of my problem?

Kyle