[Coin-lpsolver] PreProcessing

jtyates at buffalo.edu jtyates at buffalo.edu
Fri Feb 24 18:06:32 EST 2006

I noticed that the Cgl project contains a source code for preprocessing
of optimization problems.  I also noticed that Clp had something called
presolve.  I was wondering if Clp had any preprocessing applications
within the project itself and whether this was contained in the presolve
file or called something else.

Also, when using Clp as the LP solver, is there anywhere other than Cgl
that is called to perform any types of preprocessing steps.

Basically, I am working with a group from the University of Buffalo that
is interested in possibly contributing to the preprocessing capabilities
of COIN-OR and am trying to find out any (and all) locations where any
preprocessing would be done or called in COIN-OR (and specifically, in CLP).

Thank you.

Justin

Mr. Justin .T. Yates
Department of Industrial Engineering