[Coin-lpsolver] Re: problems with BInvCol and BInvRow

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Sep 21 16:10:29 EDT 2005

Anureet,

enableSimplexInterface was an attempt to allow the user to build their own
simplex code.  So you can say what the incoming and outgoing variable are.
 The primal and dual algorithms are so different that a flag to say which
one is going to be tried was added as a parameter to
enableSimplexInterface.

Only the primal version was ever coded - and as you say doingPrimal must
be set to true because as far as I know only Clp ever attempted to
implement this.  So with dual you would get into
OsiClpSolverInterface::dualPivotResult which aborts - deliberately.

John Forrest

Anureet Saxena <anureet at yahoo.com>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
09/21/2005 01:56 PM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org, anureet at yahoo.com
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] Re: problems with BInvCol and BInvRow

thanks for answering my query on BInvCol and BInvRow functions.

I had one more question in my email, namely what is the role of the
boolean parameter (named as doingPrimal) in the function
OsiSimplexInterface::enableSimplexInterface?

I do not think this is documented anywhere. This parameter, however, needs
to be set to true (if I correctly understand) in most typical cases.

regards,
Anureet Saxena,

Anureet Saxena
anureet at cmu.edu
anureet at yahoo.com

--This mail was delivered to you on 100% recyclable electrons.