[Coin-lpsolver] Re: Coin-lpsolver Digest, Vol 12, Issue 4

Francois Margot fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Oct 15 13:53:36 EDT 2005

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Francois Margot wrote:
>

>> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>>

>> The problem is that if you ask to receive the digest, either you answer
>> to the digest (and will likely break the thread, even if the subject is
>> altered) or you don't answer at all. As far as I know, there is no way to
>> get an individual message sent to you after receiving the message in a
>> digest, or is there?
>
> If you get your digests in MIME format and your mail reader is MIME aware,
> each individual message is attached in its entirety and you can read it and
> reply to it as if you had received it separately.
>
> I'm currently using Pine as my mail reader.  It shows me MIME-format Mailman
> digests in a form I can scroll through, but when I view attachments I can
> select individual messages and reply to them. Attachments to indivdual
> messages don't show in the scroll view, but are accessible in the selector
> view.

I am using pine too, and I have no problem with MIME format in general.
The digest that I replied to to start this thread was bare bone plain
text and no attachements. But this came probably from the preferences
I had for the list (I changed them to MIME, we'll see).

Thanks for the clarification.

Francois