[Coin-lpsolver] Segmentation faults

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 1 11:30:28 EST 2005

David,

At first glance it all looks plausible.

If you just use one cut generator does that seg fault?

One thing you could do is

model.solver()->writeMps(filename)

before going into branch and bound and then use that mps file as input to
e.g. sample2.cpp and see if that solves okay.  Obviously the cut
generators should not fail so there may be something odd about your data.

If mps file fails then send it to me and I will see if I can reproduce.

John Forrest

svoboda at fi.muni.cz
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
03/01/2005 09:59 AM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] Segmentation faults

Hello,

I'm a beginner in using COIN-Cbc. I have to admit, that I know linear
programming techniques whereas integer programming (the cuts etc.) is more

difficult for me. I used some sample?.cpp files from Cbc to experiment
with my data. Everything worked OK until I tested CutGenerators. Namely
CglProbing, CglGomory and CglOddHole which cause "segmentation fault" in
my programs. I do not know how to set the right options for these
generators to avoid the mentioned problems. I do not know the meaning for
"set" methods - therefore I do not know how to set the right values.

Here is the part of the code, I'd like to set properly:

   CglProbing probingGen;
   probingGen.setUsingObjective (true);
   probingGen.setMaxPass (3);
   probingGen.setMaxProbe (100);
   probingGen.setMaxLook (numberOfCols);
   probingGen.setRowCuts (3);

   CglGomory gomoryGen;
   gomoryGen.setLimit (numberOfCols);

   CglOddHole oddholeGen;
   oddholeGen.setMinimumViolation (0.005);
   oddholeGen.setMinimumViolationPer (0.00002);
   oddholeGen.setMaximumEntries (numberOfCols);

  model.addCutGenerator (&probingGen, -1, "Probing");
  model.addCutGenerator (&gomoryGen, -1, "Gomory");
  model.addCutGenerator (&oddholeGen, -1, "OddHole");

As for my integer linear programming problem, there are:
- M rows
- N columns
- the values of individual variables are all set to "0" or "1"

With regards

  David