[Coin-lpsolver] new patch for ClpModel

François Galea francois.galea at prism.uvsq.fr
Wed Jun 29 05:28:56 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have modified ClpModel a bit further, in order to solve other problems
I met with it. The patch file is attached, please feel free to tell me
what you think about the changes, and give suggestions if any.

First problem: when changing row or column names with the copyRowNames
and copyColumnNames methods, it was only possible to correctly change
the names when the `first' parameter equals 0. This was already fixed in
the previous patch I posted on this mailing list, and the fix is still
present in the new one, so the old one is not useful anymore.

Second problem: when adding rows or columns to an object, the already
existing names for the previously created rows or columns were
systematically removed. This is fixed at the end of the `resize' method.

Third problem: when adding rows or columns using a CoinBuild object, no
rows or columns are added when no values have been provided for these
rows/columns, which should be possible, for example when adding the very
first rows or columns to an empty object. This is also fixed (in the
addRows and addColumns methods which take a CoinBuild argument)

thank you for your attention.

François