[Coin-lpsolver] Clp Problems

Kyle Ellrott kellrott at csbl.bmb.uga.edu
Wed Jan 12 11:15:25 EST 2005

> What it means is that the code expects a variable at its lower bound
> to have a positive reduced cost or at least >= -tolerance.  An assert
> failure would tend to indicate that the problem is badly scaled.
>
> However the solution is to refresh your copy of Clp.  That assert is
> now at line 2084 AND commented out.  I did that some weeks ago as for
> some reason CBC was being handed nastier problems - maybe because of
> changes to cut generators.

Thank you.  That got rid of the assertion problem.  Now Cbc doesn't
return an optimal answer.  In the output I get

Clp0001I Primal infeasible - objective value 32949.4
Cbc3007W No integer variables - nothing to do
Clp0006I 0  Obj 32949.4 Primal inf 267 (267)
Clp0006I 0  Obj 32949.4 Primal inf 267 (267)
Clp0001I Primal infeasible - objective value 32949.4
Clp0006I 0  Obj 32949.4 Primal inf 267 (267) Dual inf 4.70069e-05 (2)
Clp0001I Primal infeasible - objective value 32949.4
Cbc0006I The LP relaxation is infeasible or too expensive

Is this mostly likely the results of my constraint matrix being
improperly set up, or because I've failed to setup some options
correctly.
In this particular case, the objective function has 160378 integer
varibles, and the constraint matrix has 321468 elements.  Would this be
considered 'too expensive' with the default parameters, or should I be
checking to make sure it's not because of an incorrect constraint
matrix?

Thank you for you help,

Kyle