[Coin-lpsolver] Clp Problems

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 10 15:10:28 EST 2005

Kyle,

What it means is that the code expects a variable at its lower bound to
have a positive reduced cost or at least >= -tolerance.  An assert failure
would tend to indicate that the problem is badly scaled.

However the solution is to refresh your copy of Clp.  That assert is now
at line 2084 AND commented out.  I did that some weeks ago as for some
reason CBC was being handed nastier problems - maybe because of changes to
cut generators.

If you still have problems please send me more information.

John Forrest

Kyle Ellrott <kellrott at csbl.bmb.uga.edu>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
01/10/2005 01:50 PM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] Clp Problems

I'm currently working on some software that uses the Cbc module to
solve an integer programming problem.  While I'm not confident that my
constraint matrix has been set up correctly, as far as I know, it
should be fine.
I was wondering if anyone could help figure out what set of events
would trigger the following assertion:

ClpSimplexDual.cpp:2031: failed assertion
`oldValue>=-dualTolerance_*1.0001'

What kind of problems is their assertion typically in response to?

Thanks,

Kyle