[Coin-lpsolver] Variable names & Very large problems & RTC error

ZT roosty_z at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 06:33:05 EST 2005

Hello,

I have a few questions and would appreciate it if
someone could help me:
1.)i am working with Symphony and was checking the
Symphony documentation, but i havent found any
function, that would let me get variable names out of
a mps file. Is that even
possible? I would need that, so i could distinguish
variables from one and other.

2.)The other problem i stumbled across is:
im working with a very large optimization problem,
that has 100.000 variables and even more bounds. After
solving, i would like to get the array of solutions
with
"sym_get_col_solution(Problem, Vars)"
and
"sym_get_row_activity(Problem, Bounds)"
but i cannot declare such a big arrays, due to stack
problem. If i try to work with pointers:
"double* Var = new double[100000]"
it compiles OK, but when i run it, it throws me
"access violation". Any ideas?

3.)When solving large problems, after a while(when it
gets to a certain node) i get "Run time check failure
#3 - The variable 'elapsed_time' is being used without
being defined". In the console it writes the node
number, upper & lower bound and tries to check elapsed
time too, but i get the above mentioned error. What is
wrong?

Im using Windows & Visual Studio 6.

thanks in advance, bye