[Coin-lpsolver] Change to versioning

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 12 10:48:54 EDT 2005

I have found myself making lots of changes with very little movement in
the version number of Clp.  So I have decided to make it easier for users
to know there are stable versions around.  I may eventually have a stable
and unstable tree but my current solution is as follows.

The current stable version is 1.01.01.  The last two digits will change
whenever I think I have a new stable version and the middle two digits
will change when a noticeable improvement has been made.  If you want the
latest version which is 1.01.01D (for Development) you need do nothing
new.  This development version has changes to use Benjamin Hummel's
CoinFileIO improvements.

If you want version 1.01.01 (or subsequent versions) at any time go to
COIN/Clp and do

make restore

This gives a list of possible Clp tar files - at present the only one is
Clp_1.01.01.tar.gz.  If you follow the instructions you will overwrite
your Clp and Coin files and some Makefiles so that you can do a make
unitTest to go back to that version.

These tar.gz files also have a copy of COIN/Makefiles directory.  This is
not restored by make restore but it means that these tar files are a self
contained copy of Clp.  So going to a clean directory and doing tar zxvf
Clp_1.01.01.tar.gz you can build Clp.

If you wish to keep a copy of Clp you can also create your own versions by
make backup 1.01.01_my_copy.