[Coin-lpsolver] assertion "iPivot>=0" failed

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 30 06:21:31 EST 2004

Jean-Sebastien,

Looking at the code I am surprised it worked before.  Anyway my recent
changes broke it.  It was also bad of me not to have put any use of
setBasisStatus in Osi unit test.

Try again.  If you still have problems send me a driver which shows the
problem.

John Forrest

Jean-Sebastien Roy <js at jeannot.org>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-bounces at list.coin-or.org
12/29/2004 12:13 PM

coin-lpsolver at list.coin-or.org
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] assertion "iPivot>=0" failed

Hi !

I'm using the Clp setBasisStatus function to suggest a basis to Clp,
and, using the latest version of Clp, I'm getting the following error :

assertion "iPivot>=0" failed: file "ClpSimplex.cpp", line 401

I did not get this error using the previous version I was using (at the
begining of september), on the exact same LP problems.

There is probably a bug in my use of Clp, and I order to find it, I
would be very grateful if someone could explain what this assertion
means (and ideally provide a suggestion on how not to get the error...).

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards,

js