[Coin-lpsolver] stable version

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Dec 1 10:22:36 EST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 magh at lehigh.edu wrote:

> > How should we do stable releases?  I can try and tag releases e.g.  if
> > nobody complains by end of this week I could tag it as 1.0.1.
>
> Is there a formal validation process in place? I.e., run CLP across netlib and
> CBC across miplib with lots of sanity checks? Putting together the validation
> process is the hard part. Once it's done, you can run it overnight before
> tagging any new releases.

The COIN-OR Foundation Technical Leadership Council is supposed to be
making the decisions about how releases are numbered, QAed, and published.
Meanwhile, I think that something like Matt's proposal and CVS tags would
serve well enough.  One thing that's needed is a place on the Downloads
page of the Web site telling people what components have tags and what
tags are current.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences