[Coin-lpsolver] Problems to download COIN-OR library files

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Apr 15 12:09:26 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Robin Lougee-Heimer wrote:

> ----- Forwarded by Robin Lougee-Heimer/Watson/IBM on 04/15/2004 11:40 AM
> -----
>
>                       "Bruno Padovini"
>                       <bruno.padovini at as        To:       Robin Lougee-Heimer/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
>                       cpoint.com>               cc:
>                                                 Subject:  Problems to download COIN-OR library files
>                       04/15/2004 11:09
>                       AM
>
> Hello everybody,
> I tried to download the CLP tar.gz files but I received and error of "page
> not found".
> Do you know why? Notes I successfully download the CLP tar.gz files of the
> CLP documentation and other tar.gz files from your FTP server.

What URL did you use?  Confusingly, ftp://www-126.ibm.com/coin/Tarballs
and ftp://www-126.ibm.com/pub/coin/ both exist and both have tarballs,
although the former has not been updated since 2001.  If you are browsing
with any of the common FTP clients, choosing the wrong directory would be
an easy mistake to make.

Cgl_2004Apr15.tgz is the latest in the latter directory.  Just following
the link from the download page a Web browser seems to work fine.