[Coin-lpsolver] Crash in BCP/CLP

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 15 15:48:27 EDT 2003

Dual rays are implemented - I will have to get together with Laci to see
what can go wrong.

Had you got a valid solution before this happened?  If DualObjectiveLimit
is reached then clp would return a status of 1 but could not create a ray
as the problem may be feasible but just with an optimal value worse than
best solution found so far.  I may have to add something to be able to
tell the two cases apart.

John Forrest

"Jörg Herbers" <herbers at hotmail.com>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-admin at www-124.ibm.com
09/15/2003 08:28 AM

coin-lpsolver at oss.software.ibm.com
cc

Subject
[Coin-lpsolver] Crash in BCP/CLP

In one iteration of my BCP application, the problem becomes primal
infeasible (termcode 36). Via indexed variables (create_indexed_var), BCP
tries to regain feasibility (in BCP_restore_feasibility). But in a
multiplication with the dual rays, the program crashes because the only
dual
ray returned by CLP (called by BCP_lp_fathom) is 0x0 - even if CLP's
problemStatus_ is 1. In fact, CLP's ray_ is 0x0.

Since I don't have a deep insight into the CLP code: Isn't the dual ray
feature implemented yet? Could I have missed the setting of any
parameters?
Or is this a bug?

Many thanks,
Jörg