[Coin-lpsolver] Crash in BCP/CLP

Jörg Herbers herbers at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 08:28:37 EDT 2003

In one iteration of my BCP application, the problem becomes primal
infeasible (termcode 36). Via indexed variables (create_indexed_var), BCP
tries to regain feasibility (in BCP_restore_feasibility). But in a
multiplication with the dual rays, the program crashes because the only dual
ray returned by CLP (called by BCP_lp_fathom) is 0x0 - even if CLP's
problemStatus_ is 1. In fact, CLP's ray_ is 0x0.

Since I don't have a deep insight into the CLP code: Isn't the dual ray
feature implemented yet? Could I have missed the setting of any parameters?
Or is this a bug?

Many thanks,
Jörg