[Coin-lpsolver] BCP and Windows

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at web.de
Sun Oct 26 08:37:01 EST 2003

Matthew Saltzman schrieb:

> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Stephan Hennig wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to use BCP with Borland C++ Builder. In the FAQ it is said, that
>> BCP doesn't compile with Microsoft Visual C++:
[...]
>> Does this mean that it doesn't compile under Windows or is it just MS
>> VC++ which fails to compile? I have no experience with COIN so far. I'm
>> currently looking for a suitable environment. As far as I know, I could
>> switch to the Symphony framework. Though, I read BCP has advantages when
>> doing Branch&Price.
>>
>> If anyone could give me any advices on BCP under Windows I'd be very happy.
>
> I think later versions of gcc should work on all the above platforms as
> well.
>
> There's a version of the GNU compiler and development toolchain for
> Windows called Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/).  You should be able build
> BCP with that (though I don't know if anyone has tried yet).  MS VC++ .NET
> *should* also compile BCP, though again, I don't know if it's been done
> and I've been told it's rather slow.
>
> Please report back your experiences.  We're eager to help however we can.

Thanks for your answer. But I think I have to state my question more
precisely (I think 'environment' was the wrong term).

I'm rather determined using Borland C++ Builder. Are there any positive
experiences with BCP and BCB? Negative ones are welcome as well. Because
 they would save me time and I could directly switch to the alternative
Symphony framework (although I'm going to do Branch&Price).

If there are no such experiences here (which makes me think I'm doing
something wrong) I'll have to try myself and will post the results.

Kind regards,
Stephan Hennig