[Coin-lpsolver] BCP and Windows

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at web.de
Sat Oct 25 07:25:43 EDT 2003

Hello,

I want to use BCP with Borland C++ Builder. In the FAQ it is said, that
BCP doesn't compile with Microsoft Visual C++:

"At this time BCP does not compile on Windows with MS VC++ Version 6,
because this compiler does not handle templated functions as BCP
requires. ..."

Only these platforms are named to be tested:
    * AIX V4.3 using g++ V2.95.2
    * Linux using g++ V2.95.2.
    * Solaris (SunOS 5.6 and 5.8) using g++ V2.95.2

Does this mean that it doesn't compile under Windows or is it just MS
VC++ which fails to compile? I have no experience with COIN so far. I'm
currently looking for a suitable environment. As far as I know, I could
switch to the Symphony framework. Though, I read BCP has advantages when
doing Branch&Price.

If anyone could give me any advices on BCP under Windows I'd be very happy.

Kind regards,
Stephan Hennig