[Coin-lpsolver] CLP Presolve

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 29 16:02:40 EDT 2003

Matt,

I have fixed on main branch (and on development branch where it is
CoinPresolve....).  An array was not long enough for this odd shaped
problem - 5833 rows and only 23 columns and 437 elements.

As to your questions:

1) CoinPresolve does not produce a proof of infeasibility - it just
declares the problem infeasible.  Presumably it could produce a proof.  I
suspect that the problem could be proved to be infeasible by presolve only
in first few iterations.

2)  Which codes provide multiple rays?  If others do and people think it
is a good idea then I can look into it.

John Forrest

Matthew Galati <magh at lehigh.edu>
Sent by: coin-lpsolver-admin at www-124.southbury.usf.ibm.com