[CHiPPS] Problems about the search log

Yan Xu Yan.Xu at sas.com
Mon Jan 16 21:40:28 EST 2012

*         CPU time - the time actually spent by CPU executing method code
*         Wall time - the real-world time elapsed between method entry and method exit. If there are other threads/processes concurrently running on the system, they can affect the results.

CPU time is the total execution time or runtime for which the CPU was dedicated to a process. It is possible that the CPU that master process was on had other processes that used many CPU cycles.