[CHiPPS] Problem about configure Blis in a a parallel environment

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Nov 6 11:48:00 EST 2011

I guess that you sent the config.log from the root directory. Can you send
the one for CoinUtils? It would probably be easier if you try to do a
little digging first, though. If you search for the error message in
config.log and find out what program is failing to link, then try to build
it yourself on the command line, you should be able to see why it's
failing. The error message is not always very indicative of what's actually
happening because configure just checks for the existence of a certain
output file. If the file has the wrong name, for example, the check could
fail, even though the compiler is working fine. I have seen this problem
before when the platform type is not detected correctly for some reason, so
configure looks for the wrong extension on executables (adding a ".exe"
when it shouldn't, for instance.). It is very strange that it's happening
on one virtual machine and not another, though.

Cheers,

Ted

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:49 AM, 化高峰 <shimuxi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have installed the serial solver. And it works fine.
>    And also I have a small assemblage with three nodes in the vmware.
>    I have MPICH installed in the assemblage, it uses fine.
>    when I install Blis in this assemblage I use
>   ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared
> --with-mpi-incdir=/usr/include/mpich2 --with-mpi-lib='-L/usr/lib  -lmpich'
> MPICC=mpicc
>   MPICXX=mpicxx CXXDEFS="-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK"      (Just as the
> install file tells me.)
>   and the installation completed well in the first node. But when I come
> to the node2 and node3,
>   the configure can not finished successfully.
>   the  prompting is :
> configure: Will use MPI C++ compiler mpicxx
> configure: Trying to determine Fortran compiler name
> checking for gfortran... gfortran
> checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
> checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
> configure: Fortran compiler options are: -O3 -pipe
> checking how to get verbose linking output from gfortran... -v
> checking for Fortran libraries of gfortran...
> -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.5.2
> -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.5.2/../../..
> -L/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu -lgfortran -lm -lgcc_s
> checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... unknown
> //while in the node1 here is "none"
> configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails
> See `config.log' for more details.
> configure: error: /bin/bash './configure' failed for CoinUtils
>
> the node2 and node3 are all cloned from node1. I do not know why this
> happened.
> could you help me?

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University