[CHiPPS] problem about compile blis source file

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Jul 13 11:24:05 EDT 2011

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking exactly. The errors you
are seeing are because certain symbols must be defined based on the
particular platform you are building on. This is all done
automatically with the autotools. It is not possible to build
individual source files using a simple command line as you seem to be
trying to do. It would be a painful at best to build by hand---you
would have to do all of the work that configure is doing for you
automatically to figure out what symbols to define. I guess I don't
really understand why you would want to do this if building the code
with the autotools works fine.

Cheers,

Ted