[Cgl] Re: SYMPHONY Cygwin/cl

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Sat Oct 27 15:03:54 EDT 2007

There seems to be a problem with Cgl (as you would expect from the
errors you were seeing with SYMPHONY). I'm not sure why the problem is
manifesting itself in quite the way you are seeing. I am building
CoinAll with

./configure --enable-doscompile=msvc

and the compilation fails when linking Cbc with the following error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'C:/cygwin/home/ted/COIN/build-cl/Cgl/src/.libs/libCgl.lib'

In fact, the file referenced is not there for some reason. If I try to
make in the Cgl subdirectory, it says everything is up to date, but if I
do "make install" in the same subdirectory, this actually also fails:

/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `.libs/libCgl.lib': No such file or directory

This indicates something really is wrong with Cgl itself. I recall
wrestling with a problem like this in the past sometime, but don't
remember the details. I guess it has something to do with Cgl's unique
build structure as an amalgamation of individual sublibraries. I will
look at it a little more and see if I can figure anything out.

Cheers,

Ted