[Cbc] Unable to serialize CoinPackedMatrix

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Tue Apr 7 15:41:39 EDT 2020

There is another COIN-OR project focused exactly on providing Web services
wrapping optimization solvers.

https://coin-or.github.io/OS/welcome.html

There's a lot of nice stuff there for shipping data around, but it's
XML-based. You might also check out this more recent JSON-based project,
which is still in its infancy.

https://github.com/JeremyBloom/Optimization-Data-Exchange

Cheers,

Ted

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 9:17 AM Ashwin Sreekumar <
ashwin.sreekumar at nutanix.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>    First of all thank you for all of your amazing efforts in building a
> great linear solver.
>

> We have been using Cbc for our application for some time now and it has
> been great. We were trying to build this solver as a service for our
> application so that the solving is delegated to the service. For doing this
> I ran into this  issue:
>
> CoinPackedMatrix is not serializable. We would like to make the matrix and
> send it to the service to solve. We don’t want to compute the matrix inside
> the new service as this will lose the generality of the service and will be
> application specific. Is there any way we could make this matrix and send
> it across to the service to solve?
>

> Regards,
>
> Ashwin Sreekumar
>

> PS: Again cant appreciate your efforts enough.

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted