[Cbc] Unable to serialize CoinPackedMatrix

Ashwin Sreekumar ashwin.sreekumar at nutanix.com
Sat Apr 4 06:26:52 EDT 2020

Hi guys,
   First of all thank you for all of your amazing efforts in building a great linear solver.

We have been using Cbc for our application for some time now and it has been great. We were trying to build this solver as a service for our application so that the solving is delegated to the service. For doing this I ran into this  issue:

CoinPackedMatrix is not serializable. We would like to make the matrix and send it to the service to solve. We don’t want to compute the matrix inside the new service as this will lose the generality of the service and will be application specific. Is there any way we could make this matrix and send it across to the service to solve?

Regards,
Ashwin Sreekumar

PS: Again cant appreciate your efforts enough.