[Cbc] Strange behaviour of cbc

DERHY NICOLAS nicolas.derhy at grtgaz.com
Thu Oct 31 11:20:29 EDT 2019

Hi,

I am using latest version of cbc (Cbc-2.10.3-win32-msvc15).
I sometimes meet a very strange behavior when using it.

For example, with the data attached and the following command line :
cbc.exe "Model.mps" -preprocess off -ratio 1E-05 -seconds 30 -minimize -solve -printingOptions all -solution "solution.txt"
It stops after 30 seconds telling either the problem is infeasible (Result - Problem proven infeasible), either it reaches the time limit (Result - Stopped on time limit).
In both cases, the objective value seems very strange and the solution is not valid (some binary variables are not 0 or 1).
But when I read the log, it seems that some integer solutions have been found so I do not understand the final result.

When I increase the max time to 60 seconds, problem is solved : Result - Optimal solution found.
I attached the different log files.

In the past, I had similar issues with previous versions like 2.9.8. I had to downgrade to 2.8.13 to avoid them.

I know that setting "on" the preprocess allow to avoid this in that case but I do not want to do it for some other reasons.

If someone know how to avoid this, it would be great !

Nicolas

AVERTISSEMENT : Ce message ?lectronique ?mane de la soci?t? GRTgaz. Ce courrier ?lectronique ainsi que toutes les pi?ces jointes ne doivent ?tre utilis?s que par leur destinataire. Il peut contenir des informations confidentielles. Si vous n'?tes pas la personne destinataire du message, ni un salari? ou un mandataire charg? de transmettre ce message ? son destinataire, veuillez noter que toute diffusion, distribution, copie ou autre utilisation du pr?sent message ou de ses pi?ces jointes est formellement interdite. Si vous avez re?u ce message par erreur, nous vous remercions d'en informer l'exp?diteur imm?diatement en r?pondant ? son message et de le supprimer de votre ordinateur.
VEUILLEZ NOTER que tous les messages entrants seront automatiquement scann?s par nos services et un prestataire externe afin de supprimer les messages publicitaires non sollicit?s (< spam >). Cela peut entra?ner la suppression de messages l?gitimes avant qu'ils ne soient lus par leurs destinataires au sein de notre soci?t?.

NOTICE: This is an email from GRTgaz. This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.
PLEASE NOTE that all incoming emails will be automatically scanned by us and by an external service provider to eliminate unsolicited promotional emails ("SPAM"). This could result in deletion of a legitimate e-mail before it is read by its intended recipient at our firm.