[Cbc] CBC Multiple Optimal Solutions

Enio Gjerga enio.gjerga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 09:16:47 EDT 2019

Hi Haroldo,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks, I have truly appreciated.

I have tried to run my command on a simple toy example that I have prepared
and have tested the commands that you have suggested for obtaining the
multiple solutions of my problem. However, unfortunately it seemed like
that didn't work and I think I might be writing the commands wrong somehow.
I have tried to solve the problem with cplex and on that case I indeed am
able to obtain the multiple solutions that I wanted.

I am attaching a gdrive folder where I have the problem and the solutions
that I get with cplex and cbc:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GEvrNs-ScLr6NhbvsCnR6u8p0WAK1j7F?usp=sharing.
The testFile.lp contains the ILP problem, the command files contain the
cplex and cbc commands that I am using to solve that specific problem, the
cbc_execution contains the execution flow while optimizing the problem with
cbc solver while the cplex_results.txt + 2.sol, 3.sol and best.sol contain
the solutions that I obtain from cbc. Unfortunately it sems that the .sol
files are all identical and they don't contain the multiple solutions and
they contain only 1 of the 2 feasible solutions for this problem.

Please, is there something wrong on the way I am writing the cbc command
for solving? Are there any equivalent commands that are typically used for
the cplex (on the cplexCommand.txt files) that can also be used on the cbc?

I apologize for the late reply and for the long email. Any is always very
much appreciated:))

Cheers,
Enio

--