[Cbc] OpenSolver stopped working on Max OS/Excel 2016 (Matt Koizim)

Andrew Mason a.mason at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 19 16:11:38 EST 2019

Matt wrote:

I?d been happily and successfully using OpenSolver in Excel 2016 for Mac
OS for about a week and a half. Now whenever I attempt to solve my model
using the same method I had successfully done in the past, Excel stops
responding and the model does not solve or report an infeasible
solution. I attempted reinstalling the Mac OS package, but OpenSolver is
still unresponsive whenever I attempt to solve my model (or view an
error log, or change the engine). Any ideas?

This is a known problem that we have now noted on the
http://opensolver.org download pages. (Sorry, it was buried in the
comments before.) Specifically, the late 2018 release of Excel 16.16.7
has broken OpenSolver; if any Mac users can help us debug this, please
email us at help at opensolver.org <mailto:help at opensolver.org>.

Andrew
Team OpenSolver

--

Dr Andrew J Mason
Associate Professor
a.mason at auckland.ac.nz

OpenSolver.org: Open-source LP/IP/non-linear optimizer for Excel
SolverStudio.org: Excel modelling using Python/PuLP, Julia/JuMP, Gurobi, AMPL, GAMS, GMPL, ...