[Cbc] <OLD topic> Cbc multithreading support for Windows

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Aug 23 12:43:12 EDT 2019

FYI, everything from the wiki and all issues from TRAC have been migrated
over to Github, so please look there for the most up-to-date info. In
particular here is the old issue referred to

https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc/issues/45

which points a to a newer issue from this year

https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc/issues/208

Here is the info Tobias was pointing to, which is in the current README:

https://github.com/coin-or/Cbc#with-microsoft-visual-studio

We are still (for now) maintaining the code in SVN and mirroring to Github,
but will be moving the code itself to git "soon." Users should be on Github!

Cheers,

Ted

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 1:57 PM Tobias Stengel <Tobias.Stengel at locom.de>
wrote:

> Seki,
>

> /MT in visual studio determines which version of the runtime library is
> linked in. That has no affect on whether the compiled code (e.g. CBC) uses
> multiple threads. See
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/reference/md-mt-ld-use-run-time-library?view=vs-2019
>
> For multithreaded CBC on Windows it boils down to good old RTFM:
> https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc (scroll down to „Quick Start Guide for
> Microsoft Visual C++ Users“).

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted