[Cbc] CBC MIP tuning

Bjørn Sigurd Johansen (Spider Solutions AS) bjorn.sigurd.johansen at spidersolutions.no
Mon Sep 4 17:07:00 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a ("normal"?) MIP optimization problem:

  *   1500 integer variables
  *   1500 binary variables
  *   1500 simple constraint between the integer and the binary variables.
  *   50 (large) equations/constraints including all integer variables.
  *   Objective function including all integer variables.

I have understood that it is possible to tune cbc?
Using command line options, I assume.
Any tip on tuning to try out?

Currently, a solution is generated in 60 seconds with ratiogap 0.05.  Due to repeated runs, reducing this time would be very good.

I have a Windows compiled cbc.exe from august 1st 2016.  Probably version approx. 2.9.8, but cannot be sure on this

  *   Bjorn