[Cbc] wrapper to create matrix via variables/constraints (not rows/columns)

Felix Brandt brandt at fzi.de
Thu Jan 28 13:50:30 EST 2016

Dear all,

I'm looking for a way to describe the constraints of a CBC model in a
more natural way than by using row/column indices. Gurobi has a simple
API where vars and constraints can be specified directly, looking like
the following:

Model model;
Variable var1 = model.addVar();
Variable var2 = model.addVar();
model.addConstr (2 * var1 + var2 <= 5);

I wonder if something similar exists for CBC (maybe in other CoinOR
projects)? I searched the web and this ML but found nothing so far.
Maybe I'm just using the wrong keywords.
Technically, this should not be that hard as the objects can just be
wrappers for the matrix indices and the matrix can be rendered after all
constraints have been added. So, before I reinvent the wheel I thought I
better ask here ;) Thanks!

Cheers,
Felix