[Cbc] cbc configure --prefix= option install for RPM inclusion

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Feb 19 18:36:20 EST 2016

This error is due to a custom m4 function used by the COIN build system
that assumes the existence of the prefix directory. It look like it's not
really crucial that the directory exist for anything that comes later---we
just made the implicit assumption that it does and no one complained before
now. I'll see if we can fix this easily.

Cheers,

Ted

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Charles Lindsay <charlesclindsay at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Cbc via Pyomo for MIP models.
>
> I need to compile and build Cbc in a directory different than the install
> directory.  In fact, what I want to do is build Cbc executables and
> libraries, and then include them in an RPM with a bunch of other
> executables for installation on another system.
>
> I had thought that I could do this via the --prefix option to configure to
> specify the install directories on the target system.
> However the configure script objects, saying it cannot find the prefix
> directories on the build system:
>         CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing" \
>         ./configure --prefix="/opt/foo/bar/cbc" --enable-threadsafe  >
> /dev/null
> ./configure: line 5844: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 2236: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 2308: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 6877: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory
>
> When I do this with GLPK, it does the configure and build with no
> complaints,
>
> I can correctly install Cbc on a node, provided I create the prefix
> directory in advance of the configure.
>
> Is there another option I should be using to configure Cbc?
>
> Thank you.

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280