[Cbc] cbc configure --prefix= option install for RPM inclusion

Charles Lindsay charlesclindsay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:03:03 EST 2016

Hi,

I use Cbc via Pyomo for MIP models.

I need to compile and build Cbc in a directory different than the install
directory.  In fact, what I want to do is build Cbc executables and
libraries, and then include them in an RPM with a bunch of other
executables for installation on another system.

I had thought that I could do this via the --prefix option to configure to
specify the install directories on the target system.
However the configure script objects, saying it cannot find the prefix
directories on the build system:
        CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing" \
        ./configure --prefix="/opt/foo/bar/cbc" --enable-threadsafe  >
/dev/null
./configure: line 5844: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory
./configure: line 2236: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory
./configure: line 2308: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory
./configure: line 6877: cd: /opt/foo/bar/cbc: No such file or directory

When I do this with GLPK, it does the configure and build with no
complaints,

I can correctly install Cbc on a node, provided I create the prefix
directory in advance of the configure.

Is there another option I should be using to configure Cbc?

Thank you.