[Cbc] Performance using the -threads options

Alexis aguigue at softree.com
Wed Sep 2 14:14:05 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have been doing some experiments with the -threads options. I am using
CBC on Windows and v.2.9.0 which I have recompiled following the steps
described in http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/cbc/2012-October/000894.html

On my test problems, I have not seen really any improvement in terms of
resolution time. Also, when I am looking at the CPU usage on the Task
Manager, the impact of using this option is not obvious.

Has anybody had a similar experience? Or has somebody done some
performance tests?

Thanks in advance

--
Alexis Guigue, E.I.T., B.Eng., M.A.Sc., Ph.D.
Software Engineer/Research Engineer
aguigue at softree.com
604-519-6222, ext. 3

Softree Technical Systems Inc. <http://www.softree.com>