[Cbc] CBC MIP wrapper for glpsol (i.e. GLPK Solver)

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:35:15 EDT 2015

Aren't there are serious legal issues with this? Cbc is licensed under EPL,
while GLPK is GPL, and according to wikipedia (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_Public_License):

The EPL 1.0 is not compatible with the GPL, and a work created by combining
a work licensed under the GPL with a work licensed under the EPL cannot be
lawfully distributed.

There's nothing preventing you from writing this wrapper for your own
purposes and sharing it with others, but at least from my limited
understanding of the licences, this wrapper could not be officially
distributed with cbc.