[Cbc] branchAndBound with a hot-start solution

Kibaek Kim kibaek.k at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 08:57:42 EST 2014

Dear John,

I am experiencing strange behaviors resulting from branch-and-bound hot-start. I am using the version of Stable 2.8. I have attached a simple code, mps file and hot-start solution file to reproduce results. The code will read mps file and hot-start solution file and try solving the problem. However, the following three settings result in different behaviors:
1. CbcStrategyDefault strategy(0); // assertion fail
2. CbcStrategyDefault strategy(0, 5, 5); // infinite loop
3. CbcStrategyDefault strategy(1); // success

Best,
Kibaek