[Cbc] Cut Generation

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Nov 23 10:42:51 EST 2014

Depending on exactly what the purpose of generating these cuts is, you
might also take a look at

https://github.com/tkralphs/CuPPy

This is a very simple GMI generator in Python that gets the optimal tableau
from Clp via the Python bindings provided by CyLP and generates the
corresponding GMI cuts. It is intended mainly for instructional
purposes---it would be very slow and also not very sophisticated in
practice. It can, however, animate the cut generation procedure for 2D
examples using. I use it for teaching purposes.

https://github.com/tkralphs/GrUMPy

Cheers,

Ted

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 4:50 AM, John Forrest <john.forrest at fastercoin.com>
wrote:

>  Babak,
>
> No need to use Cbc - look at some of the *Test.cpp's in Cgl and just
>
> OsiClpSolverInterface solver - read model and initial solve - then create
> GMI cut generator and generate cuts.
>
> John Forrest
>
> On 22/11/14 05:35, Babak Moazzez wrote:
>
>  Hi
>
>  I need to generate only GMI cuts from optimal LP tableau. I don't want to
> solve the problem, only need to see the actual cuts in one iteration!
>
>  What would be the easiest way?
>
>  Babak Moazzez

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Lehigh University