[Cbc] [Clp] Issue with Clp executable for maximization and for binary variables

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Thu May 22 13:48:51 EDT 2014

Sourav,

I tried your problem with my version of Cbc/trunk and got much better
results.  I have made a lot of changes and do not want to check them all
in, but I have checked in my changes to trunk/CoinUtils - all to do with
CoinPresolve.....

Just with those changes and using

cbc bip2.mps -tune 7 -thread 4 -timemode elapsed -solve

the key difference is that I get

Cgl0004I processed model has 8460 rows, 3551 columns (3551 integer) and
46427 elements

and it solved in 1800 seconds

With my trunk I actually solved problem in 132 seconds elapsed - but
there are too many dubious changes to check them all in - and also that
may have just been luck.

John Forrest

(also I would scale your objective - to make objective values larger -
shouldn't make any difference but you might miss a solution of
0.00004016 due to tolerances.)