[Cbc] Package management LAPACK/BLAS dependency update?

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Fri Jun 6 15:10:05 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

The project I work on has coin (cbc/clp/related) as a dependency and we
completely rebuild our dependency stack on our nightly tests. We suggest
(and use) the following command on ubuntu for our stack:

$ sudo apt-get install -y cmake make libboost-all-dev libxml2-dev
> libxml++2.6-dev libsqlite3-dev libhdf5-serial-dev libbz2-dev
> coinor-libcbc-dev coinor-libcoinutils-dev coinor-libosi-dev
> coinor-libclp-dev coinor-libcgl-dev

We noticed that on Ubuntu 14.04 BLAS and LAPACK aren't found, whereas they
are on Ubuntu 13.10 and Mavericks. We were curious if BLAS/LAPACK might
have been dropped as dependencies in your package maintenance?

Matthew Gidden
Ph.D. Candidate, Nuclear Engineering
The University of Wisconsin -- Madison
Ph. 225.892.3192