[Cbc] CLI-like solve with API

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Fri Jul 25 19:06:08 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I've discovered that the cbc CLI does a pretty good job at solving my class
of problems.  In short, I'm curious if there's a way to get that rich
functionality at the API level. Ideally, I'd like to do something like the
following:

model = ConstructModel();
> SolveModelLikeCLI(model);

It looks like the implementation is one long function (cbcMain1 is 8k+
lines) and would be incredibly difficult to cherry-pick implementation from
it. I've scoured the API docs and haven't found anything that looks
promising. Alternatively, is there a listing of all the heuristics, cuts,
branching strategies, etc., used by the default CLI?

Sorry if this is an obvious question; I was hoping to leverage the features
already implemented before reimplementing something myself.

--
Matthew Gidden
Ph.D. Candidate, Nuclear Engineering