[Cbc] Good cutting planes/heuristics for a bipartite network?

Matthew Gidden gidden at wisc.edu
Thu Jul 24 17:49:14 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I work on a project that has implemented a bipartite network model to solve
a multi-commodity supply-demand problem. We allow flows to be exclusive by
modeling them with binary variables and chose to use COIN's Cbc solver to
solve the resulting problem instances.

I was curious if the community was aware of cutting planes or heuristics
that work well with general bipartite networks, or with bipartite
supply/demand networks more specifically. I know that Cbc has a suite of
cut generators and heuristics available out of the box and would prefer to
target them (ie. use already-implemented solutions =).

Regards,

--
Matthew Gidden
Ph.D. Candidate, Nuclear Engineering