[Cbc] Zero-half cuts announcement. Also an SOS question

James Gunning James.Gunning at csiro.au
Fri Jan 11 01:54:27 EST 2013

Hi John, list
         Thanks very much for the effort. I've managed to build as you suggest.
That is indeed a sad story behind things, but I'm sure Alberto would have liked to
see his efforts appreciated and incorporated as you have so kindly done.

So far results seem a bit unusual using it:  generally a deal slower actually,
with  more erratic
variations than with cbc "defaults". I don't understand things yet, clearly.

Thanks very much for your efforts either way.

PS: a very simple (ignoramus question), rather unrelated.
I have groups of binary variables where only 1 is allowed on, eg

x1+x2+x3 <=1
x4+x5+x6 <=1

Should I go to the trouble of using SOS in cbc, or is the constraint above
enough, for performance reasons?

Best wishes all,
       James.