[Cbc] Zero-half cuts announcement

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Thu Jan 10 11:12:37 EST 2013

James,

After digging around a bit, I have put a first version of CglZeroHalf
into Cgl trunk.

Point Cbc to Cgl/trunk.  To do this copy Dependencies to xxxxxx and edit
file to have

Cgl               https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Cgl/trunk/Cgl

Then
svn propset svn:externals -F xxxxxx . (note .). Then do svn up.

You also have to add -DZERO_HALF_CUTS to configure (you may have to do
make clean).

This should work with Cbc stable 2.8 and trunk.

By default these cuts are off.  To use add to your command line
-zerohalfCuts root (or other options) or just -zero.  I think it may
only help on a small subset of problems and may need some tuning.

It is very sad that it took so long to get these cuts into Coin-OR. Here
I would have thanked Alberto Caprara of Bologna University who provided
the code, but unhappily he died in a mountaineering accident last year -
see here for heartfelt tributes from colleagues.

http://albertocaprara.people.ing.unibo.it/gbook.php?page=1

John Forrest