[Cbc] Problem with Cbc trunk

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Mon Oct 15 15:18:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have a very strange situation trying to run some tests with Cbc. My
test problem, p0201.mps solves fine, as long as I do not supply any
user options. As soon as I add another character to the command line,
Cbc returns a suboptimal solution, which it obtains without a single
iteration. I must be missing something obvious, but I have spent all
afternoon trying to figure it out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

gus

$ ./cbc p0201.mps

Result - Optimal solution found

Objective value:                7615.00000000
Enumerated nodes:               34
Total iterations:               6184
Time (CPU seconds):             6.24
Time (Wallclock seconds):       6.32

Total time (CPU seconds):       6.24   (Wallclock seconds):       6.33

$ ./cbc p0201.mps -solution stdout
Welcome to the CBC MILP Solver
Version: Trunk (unstable)
Build Date: Oct 14 2012
Revision Number: 1793

command line - ./cbc p0201.mps -solution stdout (default strategy 1)
At line 15 NAME          P0201
At line 16 ROWS
At line 151 COLUMNS
At line 1270 RHS
At line 1311 BOUNDS
At line 1513 ENDATA
Problem P0201 has 133 rows, 201 columns and 1923 elements
Coin0008I P0201 read with 0 errors
Status unknown - objective value 0.00000000
Total time (CPU seconds):       0.00   (Wallclock seconds):       0.00

$

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

Kenneth C. Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107