[Cbc] muti-thread compile for cbc-2.7.8

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Nov 30 12:06:37 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Matteo Fischetti DEI <
m.fischetti at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Proximity search is only available in CBC\trunk; in interactive mode,
> it is activated by -proximity on.

Proximity search is also available is stable version 2.8, but there has not
been a release from that branch yet. We will try to get one soon.

> 2. On stable CBC 2.7.8 the proximity flag is accepted but not used (yet)

Proximity search won't be in the 2.7 branch, since this introduces a change
to the API. As for the confusion with the parameters (Cbc 2.7.8 accepts
-promimity even though the proximity search is not present), we should
probably just lock Cbc 2.7 to the version of Clp that did not accept the
parameter and then move ahead with Cbc 2.8. We will discuss and post
details here.

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs